home about faith links contact me

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

31 Days #11: Laundry

This summer my washer broke. And when it did, I got so excited I wanted to turn a cartwheel because I'd been dying for a new cute red washer and dryer. Still, I made the obligatory call to the repair guy, but he came out and said it wasn't worth fixing.  {Darn.}

So I went to hunting for a good deal, and within a few days, my laundry room had been transformed from boring to beautiful by all the new red cuteness.

I was going to set my old washer on the curb, but I offered the dryer to my mom because it still worked well {it just wasn't red}. She said she'd take it, and she'd go ahead and take the washer, too {even though I told her it wasn't worth fixing...}.

She ended up buying a part off of Amazon and fixed the old washer herself for $100.

But still, I was okay with it because now I had red. Having a cuter washer/dryer set was supposed to make me want to wash more often. All the amazing new features were supposed to make doing laundry a new favorite pastime for me. Heck, this new dryer even had steam. No more throwing a wet rag in to get the wrinkles out. So we got all ready to experience a complete laundry revolution.

I've had four months now to revolutionize things around here, and as it turns out, I still hate doing laundry. I can't keep up with it no matter what color of washer and dryer I have.

I wish I were more like the Proverbs 31 woman. I bet she was amazing at getting her laundry done. Either that or she made so much money selling purple that she just paid someone to do it for her.

So this three-day holiday is over now and I just realized I don't have a single thing to wear tomorrow because I haven't done a stitch of laundry all weekend. Better hop to it.

At least my washer and dryer are cute. :)

*This post is part of a series running through the month of October 2011. Read from the beginning here.  Find the other 31-Dayers here.

9 comments:

Meredith said...

Hahaha -- great post...
lots of hidden lessons in here. :)

Amy @ Make me a Mary said...

Yes, several lessons ...

Brandy said...

Good laught for the morning! I am OCD when it comes to the house and our dryer went out a couple months ago and I have been hanging everything. As I was reading this I could feel myself swooning over your red dryers haha!! I even had the urdge to run to your house and do your laundry for you...just to use those red dryers!!!

Amy Griffin King said...

Did you read my mail?? This scenerio is all ME! Except my entire laundry room is yellow and black with checkerboard floor and toile curtains! Still doesn't make it any easier! I do have a radio playing 23/7 in my laundry room with Christian music...then I am persuaded to say blessings rather than curses when I do laundry! :) Love your deep thoughts!

Amy McColliser said...

I HATE to do laundry as well. At first I thought it was because we lived in apartment complexes with a laundromat, and when we got a washer and dryer in our apartment, the laundry STILL didn't get done as often as needed. Something to work on, I suppose

Kerri Smith said...

Love this post, Amy! Laundry is always an issue here to! I have no problem washing and drying it but I haven't been able to find the machine that folds and puts it all away! When I do...then maybe my laundry will be efficiently completed!

Jamie @ Six Bricks High said...

Ugh...laundry! I like having laundry going, it makes me feel productive to hear the whirl of the washer. But getting it from the dryer to put away, I stink at that part! I was hoping a getting a new set would help me too :)

Barbie said...

Me and laundry do not get along so well. I can never seem to catch up. I always have at least 3 baskets waiting to be folded, one in the washer (which most often has to be re washed because it's been neglected) and one in the dryer, on continous "air fluff". But it would be nice to look at a new "red" washer and dryer! I am sure it looks pretty. I think I need a maid!

Amy @ Make me a Mary said...

I can't tell you how many times I've had to rewash loads of clothes because I left them in the washer too long. The dryer is the same way ... I always let them sit, and then they get wrinkled so I have to re-dry them. Either that, or everyone in my house decides to do laundry at the same time, so if you don't get in there and get yours out, they end up strewn on top of the machine, falling on the floor and all. Of course we never have laundry baskets because they are all used up since none of us ever puts away our laundry. Not a good system at all.