Sometimes I covet my neighbor. All kinds of things I'm jealous of ... cute purses, big homes, amazing vocal talent, skinny bodies, cute clothes on skinny bodies, neat homes, homes that look neat even when they're messy, literally all kinds of things. I can't give too many more personal examples of my jealousy because it's too embarrassing.
But I will admit that right now I'm having a fit because I can't go to the Relevant Conference. I keep following the tweets and instagrams of all the ones who are there, and I want to be there, too. It's even in Harrisburg, PA, where I think you get to eat a lot of chocolate. I wrote a post a while back showcasing One Verse (a wonderful cause to end Bible poverty which I support myself), but in writing that post I was competing for a highly sought-after ticket to Relevant.
I didn't win. But out of curiosity, I subscribed to the ticket-winner's blog, and it turns out she is a hilarious writer. I was just catching up on some blogpost reading today and I stumbled across a post she wrote about her preparation for the conference. Of course my ears {eyes} perked right up.
As my kelly-green self read her words, I was astounded by how the Lord made a way for her to go. I mean, literally blown away. So much so that I'm not even jealous anymore because there's no doubt this girl is supposed to be at Relevant. And for whatever reason it just wasn't the year for me to be there, perhaps because I wasn't even a blogger until after the tickets already sold out. Anyway.
As my kelly-green self read her words, I was astounded by how the Lord made a way for her to go. I mean, literally blown away. So much so that I'm not even jealous anymore because there's no doubt this girl is supposed to be at Relevant. And for whatever reason it just wasn't the year for me to be there, perhaps because I wasn't even a blogger until after the tickets already sold out. Anyway.
So as I kept reading this girl's blog for a bit, a more recent post amazed me in an even bigger way. You would not believe the stuff that's happened to keep her home from Relevant, all just confirmation that she's on the right path. I'm excited to see what happens with The Poorganic Life (what a clever title). I predict that big things are ahead for her! Anyway, I'm not jealous anymore and I'm sorry I ever was.
I'm still sad not to be there, too, but it's not like He doesn't bless me beyond measure every single day without taking me from my kids and my job right in the middle of the fall semester. Or that's how I'm trying to feel, anyway. Okay, so maybe I'm still a tad bit envious of all those lucky bloggers at Relevant right now, but I'm trying. It ain't easy being green. :)















5 comments:
Amy, I seriously could have WRITTEN WORD FOR WORD this post... INCLUDING reading those EXACT posts, and feeling the same "no longer jealous" but amazed atGod's provision, and excited about the things that she is going to experience.
(oh... but I didn't compete for the ticket... because I wouldn't have been able to get time off, or all that other stuff.)
But every single OTHER word... Straight from my heart too.
*hugs*
Oh my goodness. I think we must be sisters!! Wonder if we'll get to go next year. I pray so!!
I completely agree with this post. I'm a fairly new blogger so I didn't find out about Relevant this year until it was already sold out. And I'll confess I've been battling the jealousy, too. I'd love to be there this weekend and actually get to spend time with people in person that I've so enjoyed getting to know a little bit by computer. Even so, I am excited for the people who are there because I think God is going to do wonderful things with them. And hopefully, next year, we'll get to go, too.
Amen, and I hope so! I'm sure most bloggers don't go their first year blogging. But I still wanted to. :)
How am I JUST now reading this?! When I came over here before, I never saw this post. You are so awesome and so sweet. I'm glad we virtually met and than someday we will meet for "real"--I just know it! Also, the kermit thing is hilarious. Ever time I have to dump a big gunky pile into our compost, I sing "It's not easy being green." You should check out my post about the green-eyed monster and Thanksgiving from last year. ;)
Post a Comment