I am not a speaker.
I'm a teacher, and kids I can do, but adults are a different story. Yet I'm getting ready to speak to a women's group this morning at a church here in town.
I've prayed about this for months, and I'm prepared with a God-given message. I love to talk and have plenty to say about all the amazing things the Lord has done for me. And I know the Holy Spirit empowers us to carry out what He's called us to do. So I know these things, but I'm nervous anyway.
What if I lose my train of thought? What if they can tell I have an attention deficit? What if they hate my accent? What if I spill my guts and say too much? What if I don't say enough, or leave out some of the most important points?
I could go on and on, but I know it's just nerves. I do know the truth. I know He honors our obedience, and that He can use the least likely person on the planet to further His kingdom. I trust Him to give me the perfect words to say.
So around 8:30 a.m., could you utter a little prayer for me and for the gathering of women who'll be listening? Pray I'll get myself out of the way and speak only His words, and that I'll somehow be able to articulate His goodness and His mercy and the abundant life we can find in Him. And of course, please help me pray my nerves away.
And if you're reading this after the fact, please pray anyway ... that the words He's spoken through me will continue to have an impact and that hearts be turned toward Him and lives changed in however small a way.
Thank you.
He has put a new song in my mouth--praise to our God; many will see it and fear, and will trust in the Lord. Psalm 40:3















11 comments:
Just said a prayer for peace, calmness, and confidence and that the Holy Spirit would open the hearts and minds of your audience to hear His message.
9:15 Alabama time!
Excited to hear how things went for you. I'm confident you were HIS vessel speaking HIS word...
I have said a prayer for you. I know the women have been touched by God through your words.
Enjoy your day!
Brenda
Thank you all, very much for lifting me up. It went very well! :)
The amazing thing I've found with speaking...(I'm not a speaker either)...is that when we're obedient to follow what He's placed on our hearts, He meets us on stage. Glad it went well!
I am late reading this today so I guess my prayer will be lifted for all the hearts that are still "pondering" your message that God delivered through you! Your stories have always ministered to my heart so I know that everyone in the room will have left with hearing a message that only God could have intended for their ears and heart! Still praying...
Blessings,
Amy (from Georgia! :) )
Oh, Amy. Thank you:) You are such an encouragement to me!!
He does show up, doesn't He? He is faithful.
As I am touched by yours. Thank you.
Thank you, Stef. I pray so.
9:15 was right about when I started, so ... perfect timing. Thank you so, so much!
Post a Comment