It must've been the plane ride home. I don't know how I can go all school-year long being around hundreds of sniffling kids, handling their germy books every day and still not get sick, yet here in the middle of summer I'm sick as a dog. Summer colds ... they're the worst. Ugh.
So I don't really have the energy to write a fascinating blog post today. However, here in my bedroom/infirmary, in the midst of the tissue and orange juice, the Emergen-C and my futile attempts to come up with something good to write about, I've been thinking about the goodness of God ...
... about how He rescued me ... how He chose me ... how He loves me.
Like everyone, I've had bad things happen. But I lament those times when I didn't run to God ... those times when I instead tried to ease the pain with people or things. Today I view those times as wasted chances--missed opportunities that prolonged my quest for true Love and Fulfillment. I often wonder what might've been if I'd done differently. But it's all in the past and I just can't dwell there anymore. I must take those thoughts captive and walk toward what He has for me now.
Maybe you're not like me. Maybe you already get it. Maybe you already get Him. I pray so. But I keep asking myself why I didn't see it all before, and I wonder how many others are like me. He was always there ... He's always been the same ... He's always loved me this much. I just never paid attention. I was never open to seeing Him work in my life--at least not the way I am these days.
So if I had one wish for you, it would be that you'd run to Him now, no matter what's going on around you. I pray that it won't take something earth-shattering, something to bring you to your knees, to open your eyes to the awesome goodness of God. I pray your eyes are open now, so that you can see Him revealing Himself to you in ways you never imagined possible. I pray He astounds you with His comfort, His provision, His mercy, and His protection. I pray He astounds you the way He astounds me.
I also pray you don't get a summer cold. Take care. :)
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















4 comments:
Man, even with a cold your writing is amazing. Growing through trials, yes I've been there, more times than I can count. Amazingly, I don't feel like I ran to him consciously enough, but I know from looking back that the only, absolute ONLY way I could have made it through those things was through His carrying me.
Praying for you to get well.
Blessings,
Beloved
Amy, thank you so much. And you're so right. He carried me all that time, too. I only wish I'd realized it and been more grateful. But like I said, no more looking in the past. Thanks again for your prayers and your kind words. :)
Hi, it's so nice to meet you...I am sorry that you under the weather with a cold...I do you you feel better soon.....
Your blog is such a blessings.......I think we all under estate God's presence in our lives and the way He is always working to bring about His purposes....
I look forward to getting to know you better..
Thank you so much, Nancy ... thank you for stopping by:)
Post a Comment