![]() |
I watched the birth of John the Baptist, and I saw elderly Zacharias's tears of joy and heard his prayers of thanks once his speech was restored. I saw Mary and Joseph traveling to Bethlehem and reaching the inn just in time for her to give birth. I saw how they were reduced to taking shelter in a barn since there was no room in the inn. I saw the Lord Jesus being born among the animals, and I saw how the shepherds came to worship Him there.
I watched it all, and I cried. Actually, I bawled so much I almost got a headache. The miracle of it all still amazes me, and I'm thankful for the things it brought to mind. I was in need of a reminder ....
... of how desperately I want the same kind of faith Mary had. Of how I want to hear from God the way she did. Of how brave I want to be, even when life is scary. I remembered how important it is to keep my eyes open to the miracles happening around me, and how thankful I am to be His maidservant, His chosen one. And most of all, I remembered how much I long to please Him.
Lord, please make me a Mary.
#51 - #75
51. old barns
52. shepherds
53. mangers
54. Oak trees
55. pancakes with way too much syrup
56. my Kindle
55. pancakes with way too much syrup
56. my Kindle
57. two more days of summer
58. my thriving little white crape myrtle tree
59. school supply shopping is DONE (for the most part)
60. e-books
61. lunch with hilarious friends at Mexican Inn
62. the end of a summer cold
63. friends who know how to fix cars
64. it was his own idea to get a haircut this time
65. the grass is dead, but at least it's not growing!
66. I still have a job
67. he took out the trash without being asked
68. she makes wonderful pancakes
69. time to read
70. time to write
71. the ease of school clothes shopping thanks to standardized dress
72. the neighborhood is finally almost full of homes
73. yummy candles
74. strawberries
75. weeping for joy over the miracle of Christmas, even in the summertime. Amen.
















11 comments:
I weep when I watch these type of movies too!
Thank you for sharing and reminding me of these scenes!
Bless you!
Beth
http://mydestinysharinghope.com/
Glad to know I'm not the only crier around here. :) But really, it was SO cool watching it this time of year!
I love that movie (and it made me cry too)!
I think sometimes we get lost in the hustle and bustle of what Christmas has become, that we forget to reflect upon the real reason we are able to celebrate. Many times, even when we do get the time to reflect on it, we don't as deeply as we should, we get impatient thinking about what we need to do for the big get together.
Loved this post.
You must live close...this heat is really getting to us...we need rain also...both natural and spiritual.
Mary has been on my heart also lately, so I can relate to this post. I have been seeing her in the Passion, and thinking about her heart as a mom...who watched it from beginning to end and stood faithful.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I look forward to getting to know you.
Thanks, y'all. One image I'll never forget is seeing Mary wiping up His blood in The Passion--she knew how precious that blood was--and then also how she looked at the cross. I thought about that for a very long time (and cried for days). I can't imagine.
Janette, I'm in the Fort Worth area. i saw that you are in Denton and I wanted to email you about that but couldn't find a way to. I was born in Denton!
It's been my prayer to also be a Mary. He is teaching me to sit, to be still, but my mind is so full of busyness. Yet He still calls me and I come. I loved your list today.
Oh to have a humble heart like Mary! I'm so glad I stumbled onto this post-such a good one! Thanks for sharing your list.
The miracle of it all still amazes me too... and makes me cry! Love old barns. Our grass is not growing either... yay for a break from mowing! Having time to read is such a gift. Beautiful post Amy! :)
You can email me by clicking on my comments to your blog...my email is attached.
Yes the wiping up the blood is the scene going through my thoughts this week...and the scripture "she pondered these things in her heart"...which I will probably post on one day.
Oh Native Texan....born and raised in Austin for 37 years, moved to Coppell for 10...in Denton the last 3...Fort Worth...over there all the time for things like Casa Manana...some of my post have shown our visits there.
Nice to meet you...I respond to comments if they aren't a no reply bloggers....otherwise I try to come to their blog.
This: "I remembered how important it is to keep my eyes open to the miracles happening around me ... how thankful I am to be His maidservant, His chosen one. And most of all, I remembered how much I long to please Him."
Amen.
*Thank you*
Post a Comment