home about faith links contact me

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Shhh, I'm working!

I've been back to work now for the past week, but yesterday was the first day back for teachers. Trust me when I say you've never heard so much chatter and laughing in your life as one hears at a reunion of a gazillion teachers after summer vacation. My throat literally hurt by the end of the day after all the yacking I did.

The start of school is something I dread and get excited about, all at the same time.  It's always sad to see the end of the summer break, but then being back at work is never as bad as I expect it to be. Seeing my friends is a blast, and I really do love teaching. And I love being a librarian!

So here we go! It's a time for new beginnings. A chance to start over and do things better and more efficiently. An opportunity to venture out and learn about new books and technologies. A time to develop new relationships with a fresh crop of kids and a few new teachers. So as dog-tired as I am already, I'm excited to be going back to school for another round.

Oh, how the years go by. I have two kids in high school, two kids in middle school, and no more kids in elementary. How did that happen? They've gone and grown up on me, and I feel like I'm entering a new season in my life. I'm so proud of the godly people my kids are growing up to be, and I'm so thankful for them. I'm also thankful I still have a job where I get to work with wonderful teachers and awesome kids. I'm just blessed all around.

Lord, help me let go of the old and embrace the new, and help me to trust You as You bring new opportunities into my life. Remind me that I'm working not for just my employer, but for Jesus Himself. May I offer Him my very best, every single day.
But as it is written: 'Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.' 1 Corinthians 2:9

2 comments:

BARBIE said...

Saying prayer for a wonderful school year!

Amy Lynn said...

Thank you, Barbie!!