home about faith links contact me

Saturday, June 18, 2011

New web design (and a request or two...)

Thanks to the amazing Design Diva, I have a new web design! She provided me many amazing options, but for reasons I discussed in my tree post, I had to go with the tree. I really do love trees! Let me know how you like it (leave me a comment!).

Toward the end of next month, I am going to attend the writers' track of a conference in North Carolina (She Speaks 2011), during which I will have the opportunity to meet with publishers and agents and learn more about polishing my book proposal.

I covet your prayers as I seek the Lord's direction in writing my book. There's so much I want to write about, and things are all swirly in my mind right now. I need the Lord to clear my thoughts and help me focus. I also desperately need His help in figuring out how to impress the socks off of potential publishers.

For now, I need to get as many "Likes" as possible on my Facebook page. It's also of great benefit to have an abundance of subscribers to my blog, whether through RSS or email. A good following on Twitter would be awesome, too, but my involvement there has been a little pathetic (I'm trying to do better and "tweet" more often).

If you could follow me by one or two or three or all four of the ways I've listed above, I'd be so grateful! Also, if you could pass this request along to your friends, it would be a huge help to me.

Thank you for reading my blog. I know my posts aren't always captivating, but they are definitely from the heart. Some of you already know this, but almost every time I post something here, I get nauseous. I wonder who will care what I have to say...what right do I have to discuss spiritual things in the public realm...you name it, it probably enters my mind. So thank you for the encouraging things you say to me about my writings. The Lord has given me a story to tell, and I'm going to tell it despite the obstacles.

So...I'll be seeing you either here, on Facebook, on Twitter, through email, or in your RSS feed reader. Thank you again! And since I'm in the habit of doing so, I'll leave you with a scripture--one that has been on my heart for some reason these past few days. It doesn't really relate to this post...

or does it? ....

Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  Psalm 73:25-26 NKJV

7 comments:

Denise B. said...

I love the new look. Its fresh and clean - a little retro look but totally now - I LOVE IT! Love you, too! Denise

Amy Lynn said...

Thank you, Denise!! I love your description..."a little retro, but totally now"! I hope I'm the same way. You just have a way with words!

Anonymous said...

I like it. It's pretty, and easy to read. But then, I'm your mom!

Gloria said...

Amy,

I also love the new design. It is crisp and clean and eye catching.

I do so enjoy your posts they are real and I can tell they are from the heart.

I already subscribe via email but want to like your facebook page. I looked on this site for a way to like your facebook page but did not see it. Maybe you can include something on this site that will allow readers to like your facebook page (facebook has such a plugin available).

I will look you up on facebook.
We will be praying for you as you prepare for this conference.

Be blessed

Amy Lynn said...

Thanks, Mom. You might be prejudiced, though...
Gloria, thank you...and you can access my Facebook page, as well subscribe/follow through Twitter, email, or RSS feed by using the four little green squares above my picture. Thank you!

Mining for Diamonds said...

This is my first visit to your blog...I came over from FB...so I have no idea what it looked like before, but it sure is lovely now! :) Blessings to you as you get things together for SS! See you shortly!

Amy Lynn said...

Thank you for stopping by! Can't wait for SS!!