But I haven't had anything to write about anyway. I've been in one of those places where God just doesn't seem near. I read my Bible and it's just words on a page. I pray, but again, it's just words that don't really go anywhere or do any good. My temper is short, my stress level high. The tears have come quickly and I don't know why. (Did that just sound like a Dr. Seuss poem?)
Anyway, yesterday I found myself standing in a gallery full of original art with beautiful photographs and even more beautiful scriptures. The Word of God was literally all over that space. I wanted to purchase a piece that art, and I spent at least an hour walking around looking through the choices. So many beautiful choices, all reminders of His love and faithfulness to me. It made me miss Him and the longing went deep, so I asked for His presence. Be near me, Lord. Please.
And I stood there suddenly overwhelmed by the Spirit of God. As His words surrounded me, words that've become so precious to me, I marveled that I don't have to buy a piece of art to have them in a tangible form because the power of His Word already lives inside me. Thank You, Lord.
There were too many of my favorite scriptures to choose from, so I decided on a piece that says just one word.
And ye shall seek me and find me when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13













6 comments:
I know those times. I tend to call the the "droughts". Sometimes they last a long time and sometimes they go away as quick as they come. So glad that your drought is over. Can't wait to see what you learn during this time of refreshing.
Oh my sweet friend. . .
What a beautiful encounter in an art gallery! I love the piece that you chose.
While not experiencing a drought myself, the Hound of Heaven was AFTER me... to change, to learn, to WRITE... he wouldn't go of the grip on my heart until I hit publish on Wednesday evening. It was the strangest, most humbling and gut wrenching experience. But in the midst of it all I was dealing with overwhelming sadness, and tears coming frequently, and moodiness... haha.
So I CAN relate!
*hugs* to you...
Oh, darlin' I think we all go through those times. We "don't feel it" but then God really shows himself to us in hte most unexpected ways. I can definitely relate to how you've been feeling.
I feel the same way at times. I can still be praying and reading the bible but I put so much pressure on myself believing that if God isnt speaking to me through those words then something is wrong. I have been in this crazy stage of my life where I just dont know what God wants me to do and this reminds me that I need to have patience with him and wait for him to answer me! And, love this plaque....
I think the 31 days was exhausting for a lot of bloggers - physically, but also spiritually. I pray you find renewed strength in these days. :-)
Brenda
I am just now getting around to reading this post.
First, let me say I pray that you are refreshed and renewed by our Father. Second, let me thank you for being honest with all of us. Since, I am still relatively new to blogging and have been experiencing some of what you are talking about (moodiness, crying, dry spells, etc) this is comforting to me to know that it is not just me. It happens to us all - I am not all by myself in my feelings.
Your encounter with God in the art gallery sounds awesome. I pray that we are all reminded that He does live inside us (even on our bad days) - He never leaves.
Thanks again for sharing.
Be blessed.
Post a Comment