But God had a purpose in making Hannah wait.
In bitterness of soul Hannah wept much and prayed to the Lord. And she made a vow, saying, "O Lord Almighty, if you will only look upon your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the Lord for all the days of his life, and no razor will ever be used on his head." 1 Samuel 1:10-11
What if we looked at our barrenness differently? What if instead of dwelling on what's missing in our lives, we sought the thing God is trying to do in us? What if we made it our mission to surrender, that we might reach that point God wants to bring us to?
Maybe He simply wants us to stop trying to make things happen on our own and let Him do His work, in His timing. Breakthrough comes once He has accomplished His purpose. So do in me whatever You need to do, Lord. I'm ready for a breakthrough.
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord." And they worshiped the Lord there. 1 Samuel 1:27-28
276. encouraging words in Sunday service
277. amazing worship
278. he got out of his funk and told me he loved me
279. Snickerdoodles (yes, I had one two)
280. a fun shopping trip with my friend (we laughed the whole day)
281. a ridiculously long Sunday afternoon nap
282. a good, hot pot of beef stew with cornbread
283. hydrangeas
284. my new full-length mirror (I chose one that makes me look skinnier-ha!)
285. everyone is well for the moment ... Amen.















7 comments:
"What if we made it our mission to surrender, that we might reach that point God wants to bring us to?" I love this quote. It is all about surrender, isn't it? Surrendering all that we have to God, and all that we long for to God. Loved your list today. Snickerdoodles are one of my favorites!
Yes! Big Yes! (To your post - but I love snickerdoodles, too. Just made some last week! A great autumn cookie.)
"What if we looked at our barrenness differently? What if instead of dwelling on what's missing in our lives, we sought the thing God is trying to do in us? What if we made it our mission to surrender, that we might reach that point God wants to bring us to? "
--These questions are very eye opening, very challenging...definitely something to chew over.
Amy you are rich in a barren land. Praising God you've found that out early in life.
Great thoughts in your post and beautiful gratitude.
Love this list:) thanks for sharing!
I so focus on the missing & not the presents. Thanks for sharing your gifts with us today.
Post a Comment