Yet I know the most wonderful things come out of the most painful predicaments. I know that in the most dire situations He's doing His most amazing work. I know that when it all goes to ruins, somehow it turns out He was just removing the old to bring in the new.
So, I don't like this. And I'm certain that means He's doing something wonderful.
1 Then Job answered the LORD and said:2 “I know that You can do everything,
And that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You.
3 You asked, ‘Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge?’
Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand,
Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know."
* Linking up with Internet Cafe Devotions for Word-Filled Wednesday and A Holy Experience for Walk with Him Wednesdays.

















26 comments:
True true! Praying you see the good in all of the difficult stuff really soon :)
Amy. I am so sorry to hear that your are in such a painful time... May our Lord Jesus hold you and touch your heart to the depths that only He can reach.
Love and prayers for you
Danise
He will turn your mourning into dancing, your sorrow into joy. Praying you through my friend.
Thank you, Barbie. So glad to call you friend.
Thank you, Danise. He is in control. I appreciate your encouragement!
Thank you, Barbie. So glad to call you friend.
Thank you, Danise. He is in control. I appreciate your encouragement and your prayers.
Thank you! I know I will sooner or later. :)
You're so right. It hurts when He removes the old, but it makes room for the new He has for us. Love that wisdom from Job "I KNOW that You can do everything..."
Shedding the old is never fun...old weight, old friends, old habits. But if we could only see what He has for us when we do! WOW! Standing with you friend...
So true. Isaiah 55:11! Thank you!
He so often works the deepest when we think we may not like it.
No doubt about that! It's still not any fun, but just remembering all He's done in the past helps us endure the present and find hope in the future.
The temptation is to look “beyond” and try to see only relief. But God wants us to trust every moment, even when it doesn’t appear to have any light at the end of the tunnel. Jesus’ promise is that “I will neither leave you nor forsake you.” That’s an absolute for you. May God strengthen you each moment in this whole thing. Don’t look ahead, look up to Him.
“I will neither leave you nor forsake you.” I cling to this. Thank you for the reminder to look to Him.
Thank you for sharing..this was the cry of my heart this morning..thanks for pointing me back to His work and not what I see in front of me...isn't that the walk of faith? Faith evidence of things not seen...Hugs and prayers as you see God work mightily through your circumstances
And I'm praying for you, too, Janette. Let's walk by faith because He is so faithful and He knows exactly what He's doing!
stopping by from Ann's...Oh may the Grace of His Love comfort you today...
Blessings~
Thank you. So glad you stopped by.
Sometimes I compare myself to Job, but that's only when I'm wallowing. My pain can't compare to his, yet think about how he trusted in the Lord through it all. A wonderful example.
Wishing that I could offer more than an amen. . .
more than just the knowledge that a sister in Maine is lifting you up often to our Father . . .
Loving the truth, the reminder that the greatest pain is often right before something wonderful . . .
Thinking of you.
You have a beautiful spirit, Amy! Just like His. And God is honored and delighted in your trust though it is(and especially because it is) painful and you don't understand.
It is only when I've come through something and have been comforted that I understand on an emotional level that it truly IS a blessing to mourn... because what can compare to His comforting arms? He means for you to know Him better through this. Cling to what you know about Him.
And in all you don't know I wanted to encourage you a little with what HE knows...
"The LORD knows WHO are his" ~ 2 Tim. 2:19
"The LORD knows HOW to rescue godly men from trials" ~ 2 Peter 2:9
"The LORD knows THE DAYS of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever." ~Ps. 37:18
"The LORD knows THE WAY of the righteous" ~Ps 1:6
Keep trusting in Him remembering that "the LORD is a God who KNOWS"(1 Sam 2:3)!
Much love to you, sister!
Elise
Prayers all the way from Maine. What a blessing, Meredith. Thank you!
Elise, thank you. This is amazing. I will dwell here for a bit. Blessings to you and yours.
Amy, your comments about grace really connected with my heart. I just typed them into my message for Kolkata, so pray with me that lots of other grace-challenged hearts will respond.
How cool that we both have Barrys!
Praying it all goes well and for those you are ministering Jesus to! Blessings.
Post a Comment