It's just one thing after another, and it all collects into one big ocean of heartache and worry and sometimes this life is just too much.
And the salty waves keep rolling in, blasting me in the face and making me choke and sputter, and it's all I can do to catch my breath in between. And I'm sinking because I haven't the strength to tread water or swim, and all I know to do is float.
And there's something about the floating. The just being there. Just letting the water hold me up.
And then I know exactly Who this vast body of water is, and I relax into Him and let Him hold me up. And He reminds me that it's just a bad day, and doesn't the enemy always work this way? It's never one little thing that happens, but more like the floodgates of hell have opened up and nothing can stop these blasted waves from rolling in and this ocean will never be calm again.
But even when my eyes can't see through the salty burn, I know Him well enough to know that the doors of Heaven are open even wider and blessing is on its way. And His waves are no match for those evil ones that seek to pull me under. He and I will ride the waves together and He will turn my mourning into dancing as He always does. So I cling to Him and I rebuke the enemy, in Jesus' name.
And the waves wash me clean.
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














5 comments:
Love this post. Somedays are like this. I love the fact that you rest in Him as you rebuke the enemy. "So I cling to Him and I rebuke the enemy, in Jesus' name."
Rest in Him for the battle belongs to Him. We are victorious!!
resting in HIM~
nothing can compare to floating and knowing HE will not allow us to be overtaken.
I've had one of these weeks, well most of last month was like this. Actually, August ended with a bout of depression for me. What you describe here as your ocean, I described as a haze, a haze too dense to see through. But faithfully, one step at a time, God's helping me step away from that haze into His light, peace and love. :) Loved this post
Amen...and yes floating allows all your weight to rely on the water, you really let go, as we should with God...thanks, needed the reminder
We all need to remember to take time to "rest in Him" and allow the world to pass by. Thanks for the light bulb moment today.
Post a Comment