home about faith links contact me

Monday, September 5, 2011

And the wind blows

I should have known something was blowing in yesterday. Or maybe I should say blowing out. This relentless Texas heat wave has lasted for such a long time now. But yesterday something was different. It was windy and a few degrees lower (but only a few). 

So only a day ago the wind was blowing and I was in turmoil over some things. But God brought something big to a close yesterday in my life, and now I see that winds were blowing in the spiritual realm, too.

This morning I'm having coffee out back in my swing. And guess what ... I need a blanket. It's still breezy and almost cold out here, and I can't believe it. It's like He's moved that heat wave on out of here right along with what needed to be over and done with and gone from my life.

And so the wind blows, and a chapter closes.

Sometimes we hate the wind. It blows trash into the yard. It blows our skirts up and our hairstyles all out of whack. It blows things in our eyes. It can be irritating and sometimes downright dangerous. But there are some things that just need to be blown right on out of here, and He knows it.

So this morning I'm thankful He's still on His throne, He's still moving like the wind, and cool breeze never felt so glorious.
"The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit. " John 3:8
141. fall is coming, praise God!
142. Starbucks vanilla coffee right out of the press. Yum.
143. watching the doggies play
144. a family that has my back
145. lunch with a wonderful friend
146. friends who pray for me
147. friends who encourage me
148. the worship gig went okay
149. God's reminders that there are always opportunities for witness
150. he did the yard for me
151. things are calming down a little at work
152. my back porch swing
153. I still can't believe I'm actually a student again
154. the worship gig went okay!
155. Texas barbecue
156. I'm back in contact with one of my oldest and dearest friends
157. some of my friends are starting to write ... so exciting!
158. my Mama was sick, but she's better now
159. the countless ways He somehow makes it all okay
160. His beautiful wind. Amen.

10 comments:

Amanda MacB said...

Thanks for the reminder of God moving like the wind. Praying for Him to move in me.

Stefanie Brown said...

I'm so glad I found your blog through Multitudes on Mondays. What encouraging place you have.
I subscribed via email, followed on twitter and "liked" your FB page. I'm looking forward to reading more of what the Lord gives you to share.
Blessings...

Sarah said...

Love the title of your blog and just had to stop by and meet you.

A delight to meet you today. i hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip my toes in God;s goodness.

Be blessed bunches,
Sarah

Jace said...

This reminds me of something our preacher always says. Whatever God does in the natural, He does in the spiritual. What a great reminder! Love you, friend!

Lisa said...

Our home was given the name Windrift, by the people who built it in the 70s. Ever since we moved in, I have felt is it the place where God, the wind, blows the drifters in. Every time a breeze cruises through our open windows, I sense His presence and am reminded of His priorities. It is so cool that God really does used nature to speak to us.

May you enjoy His presence today and throughout this week.

Lisa
www.moretobe.com

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your thoughts and your gratitude list. Glad the heat has eased up for you....I always love September with it's blue skies and cool breezes.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Yes and Amen...I felt the natural winds change also...still setting by my open window right now enjoying it, and yes, yes, those winds in the spiritual realm and in my life also!
A new season, a new depth, a new dependence on where He wants to take me.

Danielle said...

Love this! While the wind can be a pain...it is useful, as are all things that flow through the Father's hands...useful in conforming us more into His image. Thanks for sharing!

BARBIE said...

I am learning to lean into the wind and allow Him to take me where He wills. It's hard, often painful, but I trust that He knows best!

Lisa said...

Love the title and theme of your blog and your "about me" is so beautifully written. Be blessed today!