Bloggers everywhere are taking the "31 days" challenge in October, where you choose a topic and write about it every day, all month long. The topics I've seen cover all kinds of things ... decorating, Photoshop, building a better marriage, planning your wedding, fall fun, organization, cooking, adoption--you name it, someone's probably writing about it. Should be lots of good reading.
I first read about this little writing challenge on Emily Freeman's blog, Chatting at the Sky, then I saw it again on her sister's blog, The Nesting Place. And when I saw how many other bloggers are participating, I decided I wanted to jump in, too.
I had to really think about what topic I could possibly write about for thirty-one days straight. I'm not expert enough to impart all that much wisdom in any one subject--except librarianship. But no one would care about that except other librarians, and they already know all the same things I know.
But it wasn't too long before I came up with a topic that I could probably write about every day for a year ...
It seems I'm always fighting a battle of some sort--and much of the time, several battles at once. So I don't know how much wisdom I'll impart with this topic, but I definitely won't be running out of things to say since I probably have at least a couple hundred thorns in my flesh.
Subjects are swirling in my mind already, and they range from superficial things like fighting frizzy hair and laughing at inappropriate times to fleshly things like trying not to cuss
Here are links to the original eight 31-day bloggers (and they really are experts, so you should check them out):
Nester – 31 Days of Charming Imperfection
Jen - 31 Days to Balancing Both Beauty and a Budget
Jessica – 31 Days of Memory Keeping
Melissa: 31 Days: Inspired Holidays
Sandy: 31 Days of Warmer Connections
Darcy: 31 Days of Photo Tips
Emily: 31 Days to Change the World
Emily: 31 Days of the Little Things
Jen - 31 Days to Balancing Both Beauty and a Budget
Jessica – 31 Days of Memory Keeping
Melissa: 31 Days: Inspired Holidays
Sandy: 31 Days of Warmer Connections
Darcy: 31 Days of Photo Tips
Emily: 31 Days to Change the World
Emily: 31 Days of the Little Things
I hope you won't mind seeing me in your inbox every day for awhile starting on October 1. Most of my posts will be short and sweet. I'm linking up with My Three Boybarians to join in the 31-day fun, and my friend Barbie at My Freshly Brewed Life will also be there. Her topic is "31 Days of Abiding". It'll be great! Join us?















12 comments:
Oh Mary, a perfect topic! It's not too often we want to share openly about the things we battle. I just know God will bless your writings and touch many. This will be exciting. So glad you are taking the challenge.
Can't wait to read everybody's stuff! Well, not everyone's because there's no way. But still. It's such a cool idea!
This is a great idea. We are such a A.D.D. society, we have trouble focusing on one thing for very long...and I think there is great personal power in staying focused. Also, if we hang out on one topic for 31 days, it give the Lord a chance to talk long enough to us about something that transformation is possible.
I found the 31 Days idea here on your site. Thank you!
My topic is "31 Days of Encouragement". The theme ~ 31 ways to encourage your spouse.
Have a blessed day...
That is so true! I can't wait to see what He shows me and what He does in me through the month of October.
Awesome, Stefanie! Can't wait to read:))
I'll be following along. :) I would love to do something like this, but definitely have a hard time writing every day. Especially with my work schedule. Look forward to the lessons and blessings to come out of the subject of battles. :)
I understand. I work full-time and have very little time to write. That's why my posts will likely be short and sweet!
I was going to write stories of Missionaries and evangelism this month anyway - so count me in!
http://siefker-stuff.blogspot.com/2011/09/comfort.html
Thanks for sharing!
Yay! Be sure and link up with one of the original eight 31-day bloggers:). Can't wait to read!
I'm really looking forward to your posts! I want to be more of a "Mary", too! We live in such a Martha world, with Martha expectations, don't we? So refreshing and humbling to sit at HIS feet!
Julie, YES! Thank you ... so glad to have you stop by!
Post a Comment