Here is my first ever "5-minute Friday" post (idea courtesy of The Gypsy Mama over at (in)Courage) ... where I write for five minutes without proofing or editing. I just write without worrying whether it's just right. Man, that's hard. But here goes ... (today's topic is "Still") ...

GO.
After all this time off, I still haven't cleaned out my closets. I still haven't helped the kids go through their clothes. I still don't really know how to do yard work. I still haven't gotten in the habit of a real exercise routine. However, summer still isn't over yet.
I still hold onto the things I need to surrender. I still wish I'd done things differently. I still battle my own plans and desires for my life. However, I'm still just a work in progress and He's still not finished with me.
This is a crazy life we live ... madness all around ... turmoil and pain and upheaval and no sense of direction. And in the midst of it all, I don't stay still enough to listen. Even when I'm in a tailspin, I have the choice to plant my feet firmly on solid ground, bow my head, close my eyes, and seek His presence. And in those still, quiet moments--in the midst of the chaos--I can hear His whisper.
Be still, and know that I am God.
Be still. No matter what's going on around me, I have the choice to simply be still. It doesn't matter about all the things that are still wrong in my life. It doesn't matter about all the things I'm waiting on that still haven't happened. None of it matters when I am truly, perfectly still. Stillness is His peace.
Be still, and know that I am God. Listen for My whisper.
Lord, help me be still.
STOP. :)
Friday, July 29, 2011
5-minute Friday: "Still"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














10 comments:
(Here from (in)courage): Amen. I have to remind myself I have the choice to be still all the time. In the hectic chaos that is life, even if things are relatively quiet around, our minds can run in 30 different directions all at once. It is a blessing to be still and listen to Him! :-)
I have to remind myself of this daily. Thanks for dropping by! :)
Stopping by from The Gypsy Mama's linkup! Welcome to Five Minute Friday!
Such a great reminder, and one that I definitely know I needed. Especially this part: "And in the midst of it all, I don't stay still enough to listen." That's definitely me.
Thanks for sharing!!
Visiting you from (in)Courage today. I linked up here for the first time today too. You wrote an amazing post and I can so relate!
Oh, girl, me too!! Thank you ... good to have you! :)
Thank you, Barbie!
I love this idea. I think that I too, will accept her challenge.
"Stillness is his peace," so true. I can identify with that seeking of stillness in the chaos. Hard but worthy pursuit!
Beck--yes ... a worthy pursuit. Beloved--can't wait to read! Thanks to you both for stopping by!
This was also my first friday. This is SO encouraging today. I still haven't done so many things this summer either. It is such a good reminder to just stop. to just be still.
Post a Comment